Thursday 6 December 2012

341. Geronimo Stilton Book 51: The Enormouse Pearl Heist by Geronimo Stilton

Geronimo Stilton Book 51: The Enormouse Pearl Heist by Geronimo Stilton
Published December 2012 Scholastic

From the publisher:
One day, my friends and I, Geronimo Stilton, made an amazing discovery. We found a huge oyster-with an enormouse pearl inside! I was so excited about this extremely rare, precious pearl that I wrote a special feature about it in The Rodent's Gazette. That article attracted lots of attention-both good and bad! The enormouse pearl was in danger of being stolen. Would my friends and I be able to protect.


So many confessions this year…and here’s another, this is the first Geronimo Stilton book I have ever read!  I am sure I have said before, that I pretty much read what I want in a regular year, and occasionally I read things I think I should read, to see what the content is like so I can determine its suitability, and them there are things I don’t have to read because they are so popular that they just fly off the shelves, Geronimo Stilton is one such series.


I have always knows that part of the appeal of these books is the combination of the coloured text in different sizes and fonts, it makes the books fun to look at.  Throw in coloured pictures on every page, maps of Mouse Island and New Mouse City and you have a winner.

What I did learn by reading this book is that the stories are good too.  Geronimo is funny, and full of insecurities, in this book we see his sensitive side too, as he gets the opportunity to go on holiday with the lovely Petunia Pretty Paws.  There is a lot of blushing, a few embarrassing moments and even a night out looking at the stars.

It's not all romance in this book, though so don't worry, there's a mystery to solve too.  All of the Geronimo books are slightly different from each other.  I know some of them have facts throughout the book that are relevant to aspects of the story.  In this book there is a mystery.  Geronimo finds a rear and giant oyster shell, complete with giant pearl,  While Geronimo is happy to have the oyster moved to the New Mouse City Aquarium so everyone will have a chance to see it, there are others who have different plans entirely!  Here the mystery begins. 

Clue No.1
Every now and then there are Clues highlighted, so readers can keep track of the action, and narrow down the suspects.  There's even answers to the clue's so you don't have to worry if you miss anything.

So, all in all I found Geronimo a fun, quick and highly entertaining read, and now I know exactly what makes them so appealing.

Who will like this book: Boys and girls age 7+
Read it if you like: Geronimo Stilton

No comments:

Post a Comment